Who We Are
CECA is a nonprofit professional organization promoting the effective use of educational technology throughout Connecticut’s institutions of learning. CECA is an Affiliate of ISTE, the International Society for Technology in Education. CECA sponsors the only major statewide educational technology conference in Connecticut every fall and the only Technology Exposition at the Connecticut State Legislative Office Building in the spring.
To transform learning and teaching so that all will develop their creativity and openness to new ideas through technology integration
CECA inspires innovative teaching and engaged learning through the effective integration of educational technology.
Our Goals - 2017-18
- How do we communicate our goals with teachers? How do we get our message out to teachers?
- Continue work with the Commissioner of Educational Technology. Review the answers to the survey as they related to the implementation of the ISTE Standards in schools.
- We have decided to start small with each committee member taking a time of year and creating a newsletter highlighting web sites, apps, videos, teaching and general resources, events, PD, and any other appropriate resources that support the topic
- Our committee members should participate in survey development and analysis .Analyzing survey results for implications for professional development? for CECA
- Share and distribute results with the Board
- Collaborative research for publication for David and Maria and any other members who would like to collaborate in publication